Thursday 18 September 2014

A Parcel Of Rogues In A Nation.

I was born in Scotland.
I lived there for the first thirty years of my life, and for the last twenty nine I have lived in England. Today Scotland votes on whether it should become a separate nation.
I don't get to vote because I'm not resident in Scotland therefore not registered to vote there.
Fair enough, maybe.
I've been wondering which way I'd go if I did have a vote and to be honest its not an easy choice.
I can fully understand why many people want to break away. The Scottish Parliament has already undone much of what the Scots see as the social injustices brought in by the Westminster Government, many want to see this go much farther and they need independence to achieve that. 
Many others are worried about the uncertainties the changes will bring. Too many unanswered questions.
What I am most concerned about is the fall-out after the election whatever way it goes. I truly hope that the good people of Scotland, wherever they were born, can work together to make the country a better stronger place.
The referendum has excited the population, got them talking and arguing about issues which really matter, I only wish the same would happen in England.
Meanwhile we can only sit back and wait to see which way the decision goes, either way it will be close, which means there are going to be an awful lot of disappointed folk in Scotland tomorrow morning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Such_a_Parcel_of_Rogues_in_a_Nation





No comments: