Monday 25 October 2021

Downland Man.


Eric Ravilious

English Landscape Painter and War Artist 

1903 - 1942 

I first came across Eric Ravilious on Facebook of all places. 

Something about the way he captured the downlands of Wiltshire and Sussex grabbed my attention. 

I've interspersed some of his work with a few photographs taken during the Muddy Boys excursions over similar territory. 

I think you'll see why he connected. 

I went to see Downland Man an exhibition of his work at the Wiltshire Museum last week. 























.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gotta love it; well I do anyway

Is that Hardy's Monument among the 'real life' images?

Chris W

Graham Neil said...

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/calstone-and-cherhill-downs/features/the-lansdowne-monument. Good guess but no coconut