Monday 14 January 2019

Keeping Things in Perspective.

The final plank to be fixed to a hull is commonly called the Whiskey Plank.

 So named because a tot or two of Whiskey was often poured to celebrate this milestone. 




Never one to shun tradition I thought I would keep up this practice by breaking the seal on

 one of my Christmas Presents. Maybe invite a few friends round. 



  
However once I got things in perspective I realised it was better to celebrate on my own. 

And that reminded me of one of the very best Father Ted sketches.

  Just Brilliant. 


2 comments:

Chris Waite said...

It seems the only thing in focus beforehand is the bottle

Will the boat be the choice for this year's Thames Raid? It looks beautiful and buxom, like a little apple, though fuzzier.

Even the bottle may look a tad less concise

After the toast

CW

doryman said...

Brilliant indeed. Are you sure the wee dram is enough, Captain? Perhaps some friends would bring their own?